Turn Down Water Heater & More Summer Plumbing Tips!
San Diego Plumbing Company Gets You Vacation Ready
With vacations to plan for and barbeques galore, summers tend to fly by without much attention paid to the state of the home. Take it from a family-oriented San Diego plumbing company: significant damage can occur to pipes, water heaters and more when everyone is rushing to and fro, stopping only to wash beach towels and shove corn husks and grease down the disposal. Further, with San Diego needing 75 inches of rain (!) to get the water tables back to normal levels, water conservation is critical.
These summer plumbing tips will help make you the model of water and plumbing usage. Before you leave for vacation:
- check for leaks and pooling water at bases of toilets, water heater
- check washing machine hoses for “bubbles” or protruding areas. This hose is about to blow, wasting water and creating a mess.
- turn your water heater down when you go on vacation to save on energy costs
- consider turning your water heater and water meter off if you are taking a vacation over two weeks. First, shut of the power to the unit to prevent the possibility of a fire. Then close the shut off water valve. When you return, open the water valve first and then turn the power back on.
- keep summer food leftovers out of the disposal: corn husks, rib bones, rice and pasta all clog kitchen drains, as does grease.
- move your washing machine four inches from the wall. Increased use and overloading can get it rocking and rolling into the wall, damaging hoses and causing a flood.
Reliable Summer Plumbing Repair in San Diego
San Diego Perry Plumbing Contractors have 35 years of excellent-rated experience, and are proud to be your summer plumbing repair resource. If your sink disposal or toilet is clogged after that annual summer family barbeque, do not hesitate to call us at 619-472-2112. We have a 24/7 emergency services line or you can also schedule service here.Do not forget to look at our plumbing coupons page for your chance to save on plumbing repair and installation work!