Tierrastanta Remodeling Plumbing
While close to San Diego’s hub, Tierrasanta retains a rural, suburban feel. Many of its homes, however, are becoming dated. The community was first developed in the early 1970s, and experienced a home-building surge in the 1980s. By the 1990s, the area became fully built out, which means most of these homes’ original piping is ready to be replaced. If any of you homeowners are already planning on a remodel, it would be the perfect time to also change out your old pipes.
Why You Should Replace Your Existing Pipes If You’re Going To Have A Remodeling Project
- It’s cheaper. If a contractor is going to open up your walls anyways, it is easier to go ahead and replace the old pipes at that point, rather than at a later time. If you wait, then real damage may ruin your remodeling project, as floors/drywall can become saturated by an overlooked aging pipe.
- There are far better piping materials today. Pipes from even 20 years ago were not copper or PEX tubing, which means there is more likelihood of damage. The previosu materials used, such as cast-iron, lead, or even Polybutylene piping, are prone to break. The chlorinated water found in San Diego’s water can result in these materials flaking, and disrupting the water quality.
- Your current pipes may not accommodate your new fixtures. Many of today’s new bathroom and kitchen fixtures are simply not compatible with the older pipe sizes, and therefore cause leakage problems if forced to fit into the wrong-sized pipe. An expert plumber knows this, and will work with you to provide the correct gauge pipe tubing throughout your home.
- There may be unforeseen damage. If you are not the original owner, you don’t know what kind of quick-fixes may have occurred in the current pipes. When they have a leak problem, most homeowners only fix the immediate problem-pipes, and not the whole system. Though this is a great temporary relief to a piping issue, it sometimes only masks the real problem: you have corroded pipes that are in need of a total reboot.
Only Hire a Plumber Experienced In Home Remodeling Projects
There are many aspects of a home remodeling project that only professionally-skilled plumbers, such as the award-winning technicians at TEAM PERRY, can handle. For example:
- Correctly sizing the gauges
Any new fixture in the home that has plumbing attached to it must be able to accommodate the size of the home’s pipes. An unprofessional plumber/contractor will overlook this, and simply pile on extra foam/sealant to compensate for an ill fit.
- Proper leveling
If your kitchen sink/bathtub/toilet/shower, etc., are in any way placed unevenly, water will inevitably pool around your pipes, resulting in horrible, messy, costly problem that needs to be corrected.
- Adhering to code
The city of San Diego has strict plumbing codes in place that our technicians are up-to-date on. Don’t have an unskilled plumber perform an illegal remodeling plumbing job that is not up to code.
TEAM PERRY Is There for Your Home Remodeling Plumbing Projects, Every Step Of The Way
If your Tierrasanta residence is currently undergoing any sort of remodeling, the staff at Perry Plumbing Heating & Air will make sure no crucial plumbing step is overlooked. As the Contractor of Year for 2015, we take our professionalism and courteous service seriously, and the proof of that is in our favorable reviews found on Yelp and Google Plus. Contact us at 619-472-2112, and go to our website at www.perryplumbing.com for additional coupons and savings. We’re available 24/7, and are proud to help your Tierrasanta home become all it can be. Check out all our services at www.perryplumbing.com.