The Top 5 Strangest Drain Clogs San Diego Plumbers Encounter
Do you have plumbing problems that have coincided with a lost household item?
Maybe it fell down your drain! No need to be embarrassed. We at Perry Plumbing Heating & Air have seen it all. In fact, we compiled our top five strangest items we have encountered here in San Diego mostly to erase any embarrassment clients may feel before calling us or while we are at their homes.
- Family Pets: Believe it or not, plumbers in San Diego frequently come across family pets in drains, particularly yard drains. Our technicians have pulled mice, mini turtles and even kittens and puppies from drains, many of which you will be glad to know, survived the ordeal. So if you have little critters around the house, please keep yard drains covered and toilet lids down at all times!
- Clothing: We are not sure how underwear, t-shirts, socks and more end up in a drain, but these are indeed frequently found clogging up pipes leading from the toilet!!!
- Children’s Toys: Dolls, plastic cars, stuffed animals, and mini action hero figurines have all ended up in the drain. Most likely a potty-training child brought his or her favorite toy to the toilet, and lo and behold, it fell inside! Also, little kids are naturally curious, and they probably honestly wanted to see if their toilet could indeed flush down their playthings.
- Dentures/Mouth Retainers: False teeth and mouth retainers are regularly found clogging up the drains here in San Diego. Perhaps they get slippery when they are being brushed clean, and they simply slip and fall directly into an open drain or toilet. This is all the more reasn to make sure your drain covers are secure in the bathroom sink, the kitchen sink, the tub, or wherever false teeth and retainers may be brushed!
- Electronic Devices: Modern technology has made it easy for us to always be connected, so much so that we feel invincible. Having Wi-Fi available in every area of our home compels us to carry our cell phone, ipod, kindle, etc., into whatever room we please; even the bathroom. If Steve jobs knew how many iphones we have pulled out of drains, he would shake his head in sorrow.
Slow Drains? Call Perry Plumbing Heating & Air
Often, once we clear drains with our chemical free high pressure water jetting, clients tell us they had not realize how fast sinks and toilets could drain! No one should have to live with the frustration of a clogged pipe. With 38 years of experience as plumbers for commercial and residential clients here in San Diego, Perry Plumbing Heating & Air will remedy whatever is causing your pipes to act up. We always work hard to deliver long-lasting plumbing, heating and air solutions that will contribute to the value of your home. To explore just how effective Team Perry is at fixing your plumbing issues, give us a call at 619-472-2112 or schedule service here.