Tankless Water Heater Maintenance in San Diego
As a responsible homeowner, you did your research, and made the wise decision to purchase a tankless water heater. But lo and behold, the appliance is now acting up. Did you know that all tankless water heater manufacturers recommend that their units be cleaned and checked once a year? Even though a tankless water heater will continue to work well for about twenty years, it still requires regular maintenance. Thanks to such factors as San Diego’s hard water mineral buildup, unreliable gas lines, and even those precarious garage critters that will gnaw through anything, tankless water heaters need an annual TLC visit. That is where Perry Plumbing Heating & Air comes in…
Perry Plumbing Will Check and Fix These Common Tankless Water Heater Issues:
- Obstructed Vent Connections: We will clean the whole vent system and ensure that it is there is no blockage, and check that the gaskets are in working order.
- An Inefficient Flame: We will inspect the burner flame, and make sure it is burning properly. In addition, we will clean up any excess build-up of soot, and ensure that there is no problem with the heat exchanger.
- A Build-up of Sediment: We will flush the copper coils and the heat exchanger to remove any lime scale buildup by using our special solvents. We will also examine the water filter and, if necessary, remove any mineral deposits that have accumulated there as well.
- Dust Accumulation: We will do a thorough cleaning of all the elements of the tankless water heater, including the combustion chamber, the fan and its motor, to maximize the overall effectiveness of the unit.
- Gas Spillage: We will examine the unit and run tests to make sure there are no cracks on the appliance that can cause potential gas spillage.
- A Defective Pressure Relief Valve: If your pressure relief valve is excessively noisy or leaking, it may be broken, and an explosion can possibly occur! We will test this, clean it, and make sure the system pressure is ideal, thus guaranteeing your safety.
- Water Temperature Fluctuations: If your tankless water heater does not maintain its optimum water temperature, we will check that the gas pressure and the gas line are working properly, and ensure that the temperature sensors are mounted on the pipes correctly.
Help Your Tankless Water Heater Last 20 years
With 38 years of operating as San Diego’s premier plumbers for commercial and residential clients, we have perfected the art of all plumbing and maintenance issues, especially concerning your tankless water heater. With new technology there are also new concerns, and our expert technicians keep up on cutting-edge of resolving these dilemmas. We work hard to deliver long-lasting plumbing heating and air solutions that contribute to the overall value of the home. To explore just how Team Perry can keep your home in tip-top working order, call us at 619-472-2112 or schedule service here. Our technicians are licensed, bonded, insured and always friendly. We look forward to hearing from you!