How to Save Money on San Diego Plumbing Services
Although we provide quality San Diego plumbing services at an affordable price, we know that our local customers appreciate when we also share thrifty ideas on plumbing repair. Use these tips to save!
- Avoid big drain cleaning jobs and potential leaks by keeping your drains clear. Pour one gallon of boiling water down each sink once a week. This is an environmentally friendly way to keep the fat, soap and grease that accumulate flushing through the system.
It’s also smart to get drains cleaned professionally every two or three years to prevent emergencies. Perry Plumbing has environmentally safe but powerful drain cleaners like Bio-Clean green drain cleaner that keep your pipes clear. Chemical plumbing products can wreak havoc on pipes and sewer lines. Read our post, “How Chemical Drain Cleaners Work” where we explain the low regard Perry Plumbling—and the Environmental Protection Agency, by the way—has of caustic, store bought, chemical drain cleaners.
- Stick with the same plumber for regular service. If you find a plumber you like, call that company for every job. Plumbers are much more likely to provide quick, uncomplicated repairs for loyal clients at no cost. Those responding to a half price ad or other promotion for first time service don’t always get the same courtesy.
There are other advantages in staying consistent. San Diego plumbing systems vary by neighborhood. Where the older neighborhoods still wrestle with copper pipes and tree root intrusion, systems in the brand new developments can get high tech. A plumber that’s familiar with your system and even keeps records can get to the problem and fix it more quickly than a plumber new to the home.
- Consider tackling simple plumbing fixes yourself. A leaky faucet, clogged shower head or backed up toilet can be repaired with simple tools within an hour. Try getting information from the YouTube tutorials or even your helpful Home Depot service person. Between YouTube, WikiHow and eHow, the Internet provides all kinds of resources so you can learn about SIMPLE plumbing repair jobs.
The issue, of course, is always expertise and time. Your six-hour bad patch may have been solved perfectly by a San Diego Plumbing pro in 20 minutes; he has all materials on the truck and he’s seen issues like yours hundreds of times before. And keep in mind the warning the medical industry uses: “First, do no harm.” If the job starts feeling beyond your abilities, stop what you’re doing and call in a professional.
- Try to bundle several plumbing services at once. For instance, that slow draining sink and faucet installation could be coordinated. When several repairs and upgrades are made in one visit, the bill can be up to 25% lower.
When to not wait: Leaks! Jump on both small drips under a sink or nearly negligible evidence of a spreading water stain on the ceiling. Leaks don’t go away on their own; they get worse. Water leaks ruin cabinets, ceilings and flooring. Catch them when they’re small so that cost for replacement of these items is kept under control.
- Keep toilet bowl, garbage disposal and fixtures clean. Clean both regularly. Our “How to Clean a Nasty Garbage Disposal” post lists ways to keep the disposal clean and smelling fresh using simple household supplies like lemon, vinegar and ice.
The BBB Gives Perry Plumbing an A+ for San Diego Plumbing Services and Repair
When plumbing repair issues seem serious, the best way to save money (or reduce expense) is to call Perry Plumbingat 619-472-2112 for same day 24/7 service. We’re currently offering San Diego plumbing discounts and specials for many of our Better Business Bureau A+ rated services. Think you can tackle the issue yourself? Call our office to discuss the job with one of our plumbing specialists. We provide helpful tips over the phone every day.