San Diego Plumbers’ Top Pumpkin Trouble Tips for October
We’re seeing them everywhere!
Baskets of decorative mini pumpkins, medium-size, round pumpkins for baking, and the big ones for carving. Restaurants are pushing their pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin pies pumpkin muffins . . . you name it, pumpkin season has arrived!
While stores use pumpkins to promote the spirit of Fall, experienced San Diego plumbers know that they cause quite a few problems. San Diego homeowners can enjoy their Halloweens while avoiding trouble by following these do’s and don’ts.
- Don’t put pumpkin guts into the garbage disposal. Stringy pumpkin guts get wrapped around the blades of the garbage disposal and slow it to a grinding halt.
- Don’t wash pumpkin guts down any sink drain. Pulp and seeds hang around long after the flow of water has passed. They dry and then harden like concrete, creating blockages and potential smorgasbords for ants.
- Don’t flush pumpkin guts down the toilet. As with sinks, pumpkin guts have a remarkable ability of hanging around in pipes long after the last flush. San Diego plumbers Perry Plumbing handle toilet blockages every day, however, and can have yours fixed fast with our Green drain cleaners or professional drain snakes.
- Do clean your pumpkin on several layers of newspaper. Once finished, remove the masterpiece and wrap up all the guts the stems etc. in the paper. Throw in the trash. Save seeds for roasting!
- Make a throwing up pumpkin and put it on the edge of your sink or toilet to stimulate conversation at your Halloween Party.
- Throw out your pumpkin in trash or compost within a week. Because of its tough outer layer, uncut pumpkins stay fresh for months. Put a couple of eyes in them and the bacteria and molds move in quickly. Few things are more repulsive than picking up a pumpkin and having it turn to mush in your hands.
San Diego Plumbers Keeps You Happy about Pumpkins AND Toilet Clogs
With the holidays coming up, you do not need anything getting in the way of your celebration planning. These tips help you dodge the sink and sewer line blockages as fast hardening pumpkin guts create. Every toilet blockage has a quality all its own. San Diego plumbers or over 30 years, we have seen decades of Halloweens come and go and we know how to rectify the pumpkin problems in your drains fast.
If something does need repaired, ourplumbing repair coupons help make all work affordable. Feel free to call us at 619-472-2112.Our Better Business Bureau A+ rating and our Google Plus four- and five-star ratings will reassure you of our expertise.