San Diego Air Conditioner Repair and Service
Beautiful San Diego beach days tend to translate into sweltering, non sleep-able days inland. These are days when, whether you are in Poway, Eastlake, Rancho Bernardo or El Cajon, you depend on your air conditioner.
Perry Plumbing Heating & Air’s busiest months are August, September and October, the time when unsuspecting home and business owners turn on the air conditioner only to find that nothing happens; or to have hot hair blow through the vents; or to have the home fill with noxious odors.
Without a spring inspection, an air conditioner’s minor problems can turn major. It has been surprisingly cold this July so far, but we all know what August and September inevitably bring: day after day of blazing sun in a cloudless sky and dry heat. Get your air conditioning system inspected and serviced BEFORE everyone in the household starts complaining and blaming. To make it even easier for you, we have created an air conditioning/HVAC tune-up special for just $89!
Air Conditioner Repair in San Diego
Air conditioner manufacturers make rugged products, but with San Diego’s seismic activity, our level of dust and sand and more, the units need regular maintenance. They cannot clean their own filters and tighten their own screws. Often, when the air conditioner is not working, causes include:
- an inexperienced homeowner or technician adding the wrong coolant (refrigerant) or overfilling it; make sure you uses the exact coolant recommended by the air conditioner’s manufacturer
- tripping of high pressure limit switch in the compressor
- dirty filters and coils shutting down fans
- thermostat sensor knocked out of position
- leaking or clogged air ducts affecting air flow
- clogged drain; one way the air conditioner cools the air is by removing the water molecules. This unit expresses the water through a drain.
Because The HVAC System or Air Conditioner is a Sophisticated Machine
We are surprised when so many of our customers think they can get a new air conditioner installed and just forget about it. The unit is a sophisticated machine, requiring coolant, oil and more. Sitting outside, it is subject to rain, dirt and animal feces. Like a car, the air conditioner also contains fan belts that wear, fluids that diminish and filters that get clogged with dirt.
During a service and maintenance call, each Perry Plumbing Heating & Air HVAC inspection tech:
- checks for frayed fan belts that drive fans on the condenser and house air mover;
- cleans or replaces the house fan filter. (Dirty filters slow air flow);
- checks for refrigerant leaks;
- checks for compressor issues;
- cleans the coils using a commercial coil cleaner;
- straightens any dislocated evaporator and condenser coil fins;
- oils all motor and shaft bearings;
- clears vegetation at outside vents that could be restricting the air flow path; and
- measures output for proper temperature
An $89 yearly HVAC air conditioning tune up delays the thousands of dollars required for the new HVAC and air conditioner replacement. Perry Plumbing Heating & Air helps keep your system running right up to its expected 15-year life span or possibly longer!
The Air Conditioner: Tune It Up BEFORE You Turn It On!
Our San Diego plumbing contractors at Perry Plumbing Heating & Air have 38 years of excellent-rated service. You can read our reviews on Yelp, Facebook and more. Our HVAC and air conditioning techs get constant training on the latest units. Call us at 619-472-2112 to redeem your $89 HVAC Tune Up today!