Plumbing Repair San Diego Families Tackle in Spring
Antsy to get your spring cleaning going? Make sure your house is in tip-top shape under the clean floors and behind the windows you scrub so diligently. Get your pipes leak-free, drains draining quickly and water heaters flushed before the summer fun starts. The typical plumbing repair San Diego families tackle in spring include the following items.
- Checking drains, gutters and downspouts. Leaves, sticks and other debris cause water to back up, flood and cause damage.
- Faucet and pipe leaks: check fixtures, walls and ceilings to gauge whether you have leaks. The sooner you get this pipe fixed, the more you save in water and repair bills. Make sure to pay close attention to first floor ceilings under bathrooms.
- Clear slow drains. If you find yourself staring at the water in your sink or bathtub as it takes forever to drain and possibly leaves a ring, you may have a clog. Keep in mind that chemical drain cleaners damage pipes, valves and the environment. (Read all about how caustic they are here.) Perry Plumbing uses low tech, organic but effective strategies for clearing stubborn clogs.
- Get filters on all shower drains. A few strands of hair daily going down daily turn into a nasty hair ball, blocking soapy water drainage.
- Use the food coloring trick to check your toilet tank for leaks. Lift the toilet lid and put a few drops of coloring into the water. If the water in the bowl remains clear for 30 minutes, you are leak-free! If it starts turning the color you dropped in, you have a leak that’s costing you money.
- Turn on and off water supply valves at toilets, under sinks and in front of homes. These can rust and/or deteriorate, making them hard to use in an emergency.
- Clean the showerhead using a one-to-one mixture of vinegar and water to remove the lime scale and other deposits San Diego’s hard water causes. Remove the showerhead by unscrewing it and soak it in a bowl of water/vinegar mixture for 30 minutes. Rise with hot water.
- Replace toilet handles you have to shake to make work. These are inexpensive parts that you can get in Home Depot and install easily.
- Get peace of mind when you get the plumbing repair San Diego specialist Perry Plumbing to check your gas line. Natural gas leaks cause home explosions every year.
- Get your water heater flushed. You will be shocked at the sediment that comes out of your unit. San Diego’s hard water creates calcium and other deposits that look like sand when flushed. Leaving it in there year after year can cause pitting in pipes, overheating of the water heater itself and plug the drainage valve.
- Check for rust on water supply lines to your toilets, sinks and washing machine. If these parts are looking nasty, call TEAM Perry Plumbing for help.
Plumbing Repair San Diego Relies on for Long-Term Home Improvements
For some reason, it feels natural to perform major cleaning and maintenance when springtime rolls around. Maintaining your home adds to its long-term value as your appliances, faucets and more stay in better shape and perform better when they are cared for regularly. Call TEAM PERRY at 619-472-2112 or schedule an appointment here if you want to get your drains, toilets, water heater, air conditioner or gas lines inspected and cared for to complement your cleaning efforts. Our regular plumbing discounts and coupons help our clients save!