New Year 2016 San Diego Plumbing Maintenance Checklist
The beginning of a new year is a good time to carry out a once-over of your home’s plumbing system. A simple washing machine hose replacement or water pressure change will help you avoid leaks and the consequent mold, carpet and flooring damage. Take a little tour of your home, and be sure to keep this New Year 2016 San Diego Plumbing Maintenance Checklist on your refrigerator.
- Check for leaks on all faucets. Dripping water can eventually cause mildew, not to mention expensive water bills.
- Make sure the water pressure force is not too low. This can indicate sediment buildup within the faucet.
- Test that the drainage moves at a decent rate. Slow drainage can indicate a clog of debris that needs to be cleared out of the pipes.
- Check any pipes running under the faucets to make sure there are no leaks, or wet spots/mildew.
- Ensure that there are no cracks/ loose tiles in the drainage areas, as well as in the surrounding floor/wall areas, etc. This may indicate water rot under the surface.
- After flushing, make sure the toilet is not running longer than it should be. This can be fixed inexpensively if caught early. Otherwise, much water is wasted, resulting in a pricey water bills.
- Make sure the flushing handle is not jiggly or loose.
- Look inside toilet tank to see if there is any exposed rusted and/or broken parts.
- Check floor around toilet to see if there is exposed water, indicating a pipe leak.
- Look inside the burner chamber for any sign of rusting.
- Inspect the water heater flame, and be sure the color is blueish and not yellowish, which can indicate that interior cleaning is necessary.
- Check the valves/piping that attaches to your washing machine, and verify that they do not leak.
- Check for pooled water under your washing machine. This could indicate pipe blockage.
- Look over any exposed pipes on the inside and outside of your home, and make sure there are no leaks. Signs of leakage may be puddles of water and discolored walls/floorings.
- Make sure pipes are not corroded. If pipes show greenish/yellow/or orange stains, this can indicate rotting/moldy issues.
Perry Plumbing Heating & Air Helps You Get through 2016 Problem Free
If you checked any of the items on this New Year 2016 San Diego Plumbing Maintenance Checklist, then do not delay. Contact Perry Plumbing at 619-472-2112, or visit our website at www.perryplumbing.com and one of our qualified technicians will address your plumbing concerns. We will also perform an expert inspection of your San Diego home’s overall plumbing situation. To save you some money in 2016, review our discounts and coupons here. Our 5-Star Google Plus and Yelp reviews will reassure you of our high-quality work, friendly demeanor, and prompt, reliable service. Perry Plumbing, a 2015 Torch Award Finalist from the Better Business Bureau for outstanding marketplace ethics