It’s easy for working adults to look at sleeping as a regretful waste of time. After all, the recommended healthy amount of sleep is eight hours, or, if you prefer, a full working day. If you didn’t have to sleep,….
San Diego Heating System Installation & Repair
Let the experts at Perry Plumbing Heating & Air in San Diego, CA keep you warm this season with reliable heating installation and repair. Call TEAM PERRY at (619) 472-2112. Take advantage of our current deals and coupons by clicking here now.
As the temperature drops in San Diego, CA, make sure your home is prepared to provide reliable and efficient heating services. At Perry Plumbing Heating & Air we provide award winning repair and installation services to ensure your heater, furnace, boiler or another heat source is working efficiently. Click here to see what others are saying about our heating services.
How Does a Heat Pump Work?
With the rising costs of energy, many homeowners are looking for alternative heating options for their homes. One of the best options out there is the heat pump. By working on a similar principle to an air conditioner, a heat pump can move warm air throughout your home.
An air conditioning unit works by condensing the air that is entering your home while a heat pump simply uses the outside air temperature or below-ground temperature to enact change in the air temperature in your home. In this sense, a heat pump is very efficient because very little energy is used to operate it.
Heat pumps are also gaining favor with homeowners because they can be run off alternative energy sources such as solar power.
When should you Replace your Furnace?
Many homeowners will avoid replacing their furnace for as long as possible to avoid the cost of installing a new system. However, there are many times when replacing the unit is not only a better option but will also save money over time. Some reasons to replace your furnace include:
- If you notice a rising heating bill, it could be a sign of your unit running inefficiently. Replacing will save money.
- A yellow, flickering pilot light in the unit is a sign of excess carbon monoxide. This is a potentially dangerous situation and should be handled right away.
- Additionally, excess soot around the unit is also a sign of carbon monoxide and should be handled by a professional.
- Cold spots in your home mean that the system is not heating consistently and could benefit from being replaced.
- If your furnace has experienced structural damage, it should also be replaced. Cracks in the unit lead to leaks which can be dangerous for your family and pets.
A typical furnace will last between 16-20 years in your home. While small repairs and maintenance are typical during this time, if your furnace is constantly acting up, it may be better for you to replace the whole thing. Ask the experts at Perry Plumbing Heating & Air if replacing your furnace is right for you.
Make sure your heating systems are running efficiently with our warranty repair service program Invest in repairs, maintenance and installations to keep it running smoothly. Call TEAM PERRY (619) 472-2112 now.